Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My World in Black & White

Paris is literally one of the most beautiful places on the plantet, but surprising, it is a city with very little color. Unlike cities in Spain, Italy, and other European countries, Paris truly lacks color. A yellow building just would not be right. Yet despite this, the city is still breathtaking and furthermore, perfect for black and white photography.



Today I took a solo trip to the Musee D'Orsay to check out the impressionists and the other amazing art the museum has to offer (it is by far my favorite museum in Paris). As I roamed through the old train station, I came across a room filled with stunning black and white photography. For me, there is nothing more beautiful then a black and white photo. I feel that black and white just oozes beauty and does a better job capturing emotion. I could not get over the beauty of the photos and how each was perfect and unique in their own way. Paris is the perfect subject for black and white photography because, as I mentioned earlier, it lacks color but the buildings, landmarks, and people translate so well in black and white photography. Here are some of my favorite black and white images of Paris and all things Parisian:












There is just nothing like a black and white photo, especially when the subject is Paris ;]

bisous, 

M&M 

No comments:

Post a Comment